Ectopic Partial Intrahepatic Gallbladder; Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Clinical Findings: A Case Report
Ectopic gallbladder (GB) is a very rare anomaly. Ectopic GB can be found in intrahepatic, suprahepatic, retrohepatic, retroperitoneal sites as well as in falciform ligament, intra-abdominal wall, left abdominal quadrant and intrathoracic localizations. A 43-year-old male patient presented with a right upper quadrant pain in the abdomen. Upon detection of a cystic lesion with lobulated contour associated with GB in the liver in ultrasound examination, dynamic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MRI cholangiopancreatography and contrast enhanced MRI cholangiography were performed on the patient. MRI revealed that the lesion was a partial ectopic intrahepatic gallbladder. In this article we presented an ectopic partial intrahepatic gall bladder anomaly, which is very uncommon and has been previously described by surgical operations and cadaver studies, according to our literature review.
2. Guiteau JJ, Fisher M, Cotton RT, Goss JA. Intrahepatic gallbladder. J Am Coll Surg. 2009;209:672.
3. Faure JP, Doucet C, Scepi M, Rigoard P, Carretier M, Richer JP. Abnormalities of the gallbladder, clinical effects. Surg Radiol Anat. 2008;30:285-90.
4. Lobo SW, Menezes RG, Mamata S, Baral P, Kanchan T, Hunnargi SA, et al. Ectopic partial intrahepatic gall bladder with cholelithiasis--a rare anomaly. Nepal Med Coll J. 2007;9:286-8.
5. Turkvatan A, Erden A, Celik M, Olcer T. Ectopic hypoplastic and multiseptate gallbladder with coexisting choledochal cyst: evaluation with sonography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreaticography. J Clin Ultrasound. 2006;34:88-91.
6. Chandrasekar G, Nagappa VJISJ. Cholelithiasis in an intrahepatic gallbladder. 2017;4:3177-9.
7. Hessey JA, Halpin L, Simo KA. Suprahepatic Gallbladder.J Gastrointest Surg. 2015;19:1382-4.
8. Palmucci S, Roccasalva F, Piccoli M, Fuccio Sanzà G, Foti PV, Ragozzino A et al. Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Cholangiography: Practical Tips and Clinical Indications for Biliary Disease Management. Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2017; 2017:2403012.
9. Panigrahy K, Panda S, Panda BB, Bhagat S, Nisa S, Dash B. Ectopic Gall Bladder Associated With Segmental Hypoplasia of Right Lobe of Liver: Two Cases. JMSCR 2017;5:17343-45