Effect of Radiation Therapy on Wound Healing
Many studies were carried out to improve sophisticated approaches to accelerate wound healing processes and also, wound healing is extensively discussed in the medicinal literature. In this study, we aimed to investigate the wound healing of mice with visible radiation (630 nm). In this study, 28 male mice were used and randomly divided into 4 groups. All samples were subjected to a 6 mm skin incision. Four groups were tested as following 10 minutes (First group), 20 minutes (Second group), 30 minutes (Third group) light exposure and no light radiation (control group), respectively. Wound contraction was analyzed by taking photos and Image J software. All mice were sacrificed, and samples were evaluated by Hematoxylin and Eosin staining after one week. The results demonstrated that the experimental group with 20 min.light irradiation had a much faster effect of wound healing than the 10, 30 minute and control group. The results showed that 20 minutes of light exposure group was the best treatment.
2. Dickinson LE,Gerecht S. Engineered BiopolymericScaffolds for Chronic Wound Healing. Front Physiol 2016;7:341.
3. Singer AJ, Clark RA. Cutaneous wound healing. N Engl J Med 1999;341:738-46.
4. Gupta A, Manhas N, Raghubir R. Energy metabolism during cutaneous wound healing in immunocompromised and aged rats. Mol Cell Biochem 2004;259:9-14.
5. Sharif F, Steenbergen PJ, Metz JR, Champagne DL. Long-lasting effects of dexamethasone on immune cells and wound healing in the zebrafish. Wound Repair Regen 2015;23:855-65.
6. Papageorgiou P, Katsambas A, Chu A. Phototherapy with blue (415 nm) and red (660 nm) light in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Br JDermatol 2000;142:973-8.
7. Amini M, Kherad M, Mehrabani D, Azarpira N, Panjehshahin MR, Tanideh N. Effect of Plantago major on burn wound healing in ratJApplAnim Res 2010;37:53-6.
8. Gupta Singh O, Bhagel PS, Moses S, Shukla S, Mathur RK.Honey dressing versus silver sulfadiazene dressing for wound healing in burn patients: A retrospective study. J CutanAesthetSurg 2011;4:183-7.
9. Somboonwong J, Thanamittramanee S, Jariyapongskul A, Patumraj S.Therapeutic effects of Aloe vera on cutaneous microcirculation and wound healing in second degree burn model in rats. J Med Assoc Thai 2000;83:417-25.
10. Chen J, Han CM, Lin XW, Tang ZJ, Su SJ. Effect of silver nanoparticle dressing on second degree burn wound. Zhonghuawaikezazhi 2006;44:50-2.
11. Babavalian H, Latifi AM, Shokrgozar MA, Bonakdar S, Shakeri F, Tabyanian H. Healing Effects of Synthetic and Commercial Alginate Hydrogel Dressings on Wounds: A Comparative Study. Trauma Mon 2016 [Epub ahead of print].
12. Shakeri F, TebyanianH, Karami A, Babavalian H, Tahmasbi MH. Effect of Topical Phenytoin on Wound Healing. Trauma Mon 2016;22:e35488.
13. Subrahmanyam M. A prospective randomised clinical and histological study of superficial burn wound healing with honey and silver sulfadiazine. Burns 1998;24:157-61.
14. Goldberg DJ, Russell BA. Combination blue (415 nm) and red (633 nm) LED phototherapy in the treatment of mild to severe acne vulgaris. J Cosmet Laser Ther2006;8:71-5.
15. Frangez I, Cankar K, Ban Frangez H, Smrke DM.The effect of LED on blood microcirculation during chronic wound healing in diabetic and non-diabetic patients—aprospective, double-blind randomized study. Lasers Med Sci 2017;32:887-94.
16. Solmaz H, Ulgen Y, Gulsoy M.Photobiomodulation of wound healing via visible and infrared laser irradiation. Lasers MedSci 2017;32:903-10
17. Keshri GK, Gupta A, Yadav A, Sharma SK, Singh SB.Photobiomodulation with Pulsed and Continuous Wave Near Infrared Laser (810 nm, Al-Ga-As) Augments Dermal Wound Healing in Immunosuppressed Rats. PLoS One 2016;11:e0166705
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.