Rare Desmoplastic Fibroma in Ramus and Mandibular Angle: Presentation of a Case Report With Review of Literature
Desmoplastic fibroma is a rare, benign fibrous tumor of bone which is locally aggressive. The mandible is the most prevalent affected of the facial bones. Nevertheless, reports of desmoplastic fibroma affecting the mandible are seldom in the literature. It causes bone destruction and has a high tendency for local recurrence. In this case report, we report a case of desmoplastic fibroma which is located in mandibular angle and extended to coronoid process, in 20-year-old female patient.
2) Jaffe HL. Tumors and tumors conditions of the bones and joints. Philadelphia, PA: Lea and Febiger; 1958. 298 –303.
3) Anad N, Kanmani R, Anandi MS, Krithika C.L, Kannan A, Raghuram P.H. Desmoplastic fibroma of ramus of mandible_ A rare case report. Int J Med Res Health Sci. 2015; 4(2):450-453.
4) Said-Al-Naief N, Fernandes R, Louis P, Bell W, Siegal GP. Desmoplastic fibroma of the jaw: a case report and review of literature. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2006; 101(1):82-94
5) Sinno H, Zadeh T. Desmoid tumors of the pediatric mandible: case report and review. Annals of plastic surgery 2009; 62(2): 213-9.
6) Griffith JG, Irby WB. Desmoplastic fibroma.Oral Surg OralMed Oral Pathol 1965; 20:269-75.
7) Jamali M, Lazow SK, Solomon MP, Berger J. Desmoplastic fibroma: report of rare lesion in unusual craniofacial location. N Y State Dent J. 2013; 79(3): 43-5.
8) Nedopil A, Raab P, Rudert M. Desmoplastic fibroma: a case report with three years of clinical and radiographic observation and review of the literature. Open Orthoppaedics Journal 2013; 8: 40-6.
9) Kang DM, Juhng SK, Sohn YJ, Kim HS. Imaging findings of desmoplastic fibroma rarely involving the clavicle: case report. Korean Journal of Radiology 2014; 15(1):130-3.
10) Woods T R, Cohen D M, Islam M N, Rawal Y, Bhattacharyya I. Desmoplastic Fibroma of the Mandible: A Series of Three Cases and Review of Literature. Head Neck Pathol. 2015; 9(2): 196–204.
11) Kang DM, Juhng SK, Sohn YJ, Kim HS. Imaging findings of desmoplastic fibroma rarely involving the clavicle: case report. Korean J Radiol. 2014; 15(1):130–3.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.