An Egg Shape Bladder Stone in a Young Child
This is the presentation of a 19-month-old female admitted for recurrent lower urinary tract infection. Renal ultrasound and computed tomography showed a round bladder stone with no associated abnormality. Open cystolithotomy was performed, and a large bladder stone, measured 3.2 x 2 x 3.2 cm, and composed of magnesium ammonium phosphate (struvite) was removed. To the best of our research, this is the youngest patient, involved with a large struvite bladder stone.
2. Farshi A, Sari Motlagh R, Jafari Arismani R. Delivery of huge bladder stone in a thirty-five-year-old man. Nephrourol Mon 2014;6:e20574.
3. Tahtalı İN, Karataş T. Giant bladder stone: A case report and review of the literature. Turk J Urol 2014; 40:189-91.
4. Rabani SM. Giant Bladder Stone in a Healthy Young Female: A Case Report. Acta Med Iran 2016;54:754-5.
5. Ma C, Lu B, Sun E. Giant bladder stone in a male patient: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016;95:e4323.
6. Ofluoglu Y, Aydin HR, Kocaaslan R, Adanur S, Ziypak T. A cause of renal dysfunction: a giant bladder stone. Eurasian J Med 2013;45:211-3.
7. Hasan O, Ellis A, Powers R2, Vidal P. Vesical megalithiasis. Urol Case Rep 2018;23:41-43.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.