Erector Spine Block (ESB) for Pain Relief in a Patient With Multiple Ribs Fracture
Erector Spine Block is a simple and effective block in controlling chest wall and upper abdominal pain. It is also possible to increase painless period for a few days by placing a catheter. We used this block in a high-risk traumatic patient to reduce the pain of rib fractures.
2) Forero M, Adhikary SD, Lopez H, Tsui C, Chin KJ. The erector spinae plane block: a novel analgesic technique in thoracic neuropathic pain. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2016;41(5):621–627.
3) Hamilton DL, Manickam B. Erector spinae plane block for pain relief in rib fractures. Br J Anaesth 2017;118(3):474–5
4) Luftig J, Mantuani D, Herring AA, Dixon B, Clattenburg E, Nagdev A. Successful emer-gency pain control for posterior rib fractures with ultrasound-guided erector spinae plane block. Am J EmergMed;36(8):1391–6
5) H. Ueshima, H. OtakeClinical experiences of ultrasound-guided erector spinae plane block for thoracic vertebra surgery .J Clin Anesth, 38 (2017 May), p. 137
6) Bonvicini D, Giacomazzi A, Pizzirani E. Use of the ultrasound-guided erector spi-nae plane block in breast surgery. Minerva Anestesiol 2017;83(10):1111–2
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.